Checklists in Motion
Subtasks are now rebranded as Checklists and can be found in the notes section of your task and project modals. Essentially, Subtasks = Checklists now.
Exciting news! We're upgrading the way you manage tasks by transitioning 'Subtasks' into 'Checklists.' Now, instead of having subtasks, you'll find a streamlined checklist in your task or project notes. It's a more intuitive way to break down your to-dos.
To open a task modal, you can:
- 1.Click on an existing task within the Calendar tab or the Projects and Tasks tab.
- 2.Click the "Add Task" button, which can be found at the top left of either the Calendar tab or the right Projects and Tasks tab.
To open a project modal, you can:
- 1.Click on an existing project within the Projects and Tasks tab.
- 2.Click the "Add Project" button, which can be found at the top right of the Projects and Tasks tab.
After opening either a task or project modal:
- 1.Navigate to the notes section.
- 2.Click on the Checklist icon.
- 3.Customize your checklist. For example:
- Research Topic ✔️
- Write Outline ✔️
- Draft Intro
- Edit and Proofread
Pro Tip: You can also type
[ ](brackets) to add a checklist item. This is particularly useful in the task-creation modal in the Calendar tab. When using the blue 'Add Task' button, you can quickly add checklist items using brackets. 👍
To mark items as completed:
- 1.Click on the circle next to each checklist item.
- 2.The item will be crossed out, indicating its completion.
We get it, a lot of you liked the idea of subtasks and wanted them to have their own spot on the calendar. Your wishes are becoming our commands. While we've renamed 'Subtasks' to 'Checklists' (since they function more like checklists), we're also introducing a whole new feature: 'Multi-stage Tasks.'
Multi-stage tasks are essentially complex tasks broken down into multiple stages or parts, each automatically scheduled on your calendar. It’s the feature you've been waiting for if you wanted more from your subtasks—so stay tuned!
Your subtasks are now in the task modal notes section as they are now 'Checklists.'
No, because subtasks are now checklists. However, later this year, once Multi-stage Tasks are released, we will have a feature where each stage can be AI-scheduled on the calendar. Big feature coming soon!