Five Essential Troubleshooting Tips for Task Scheduling
Motion users occasionally encounter a few hiccups while scheduling tasks. Fear not - we've compiled a handy guide to the six most common issues and how to troubleshoot them.
If you find tasks being scheduled over your events, the calendar with those events may not be included in "My Calendars." Motion cross-references all calendars under "My Calendars" before scheduling a task. To check which calendars are included:
- 1.Press Option/Alt + C for Calendar.
- 2.Click "Edit" next to My Calendars.
- 3.Select the calendars you'd like Motion to verify before scheduling tasks.
This issue often arises with users who have all-day events marked as Busy, preventing task scheduling. Do you have any all-day events on those days? If so, mark them as Free:
- 1.Click the event → click the pencil to edit → click More Options → click Busy → select Free and hit Save.
- 2.If you have a calendar with busy events that you don't want to be marked as Free, you'll need to remove that calendar from "My Calendars" in Motion's Calendar sidebar.
Due to site performance reasons, tasks are auto-scheduled only for the upcoming two weeks. If you don't see them scheduled after two weeks, don't worry - they'll get scheduled once within the two-week range!
Similar to the second point, this error often appears for users who have all-day events marked as Busy. Make sure to mark these as Free:
- 1.Click the event → click the pencil to edit → click More Options → click Busy → select Free.
- 2.Also, the assigned task schedule may be too restrictive. To adjust:
- Click the task on the Calendar tab to open it.
- Click "Work Hours"
- Edit/add schedules as needed.
This can happen if Motion loses connection to your Main Calendar, often due to password changes or enabling of 2FA. To resolve:
- 1.Visit Motion Settings.
- 2.Click 'Add account'.
- 3.Re-add your Main calendar.
- 4.Follow the Microsoft or Google account flow (ensure you grant Motion calendar permissions when asked).
- 5.Create a new task to trigger an update.
If you continue to see pending tasks after re-adding your calendar, don't hesitate to reach out to Motion Support!